The Professional Master's Degree in Health Technologies aims to train professionals at the Master's level with solid technical-scientific training and capacity for interdisciplinary action in various fields of research, development and innovation in technology in the area of human health.
- To train professionals, at the master's level, with solid technical-scientific training and capacity for interdisciplinary action in various fields of research, development and innovation in technology in the area of human health.
- Evaluate, develop and improve clinically and laboratory-based health technological processes, products and services that are useful as substitutes or auxiliaries in the repair of organic dysfunctions in human systems and tissues.
- Generate and make available scientific and technological knowledge accessible to several professionals from different areas, providing the obtaining of processes, protocols, methodologies, practices, resources, products and services, aiming at improving the quality of life of the population using health technologies.
- Contribute to the generation of new knowledge and technologies necessary for regional and national development, with a multidisciplinary and interdisciplinary perspective.
- Foster interdisciplinary and interinstitutional collaboration.
- Expand scientific and technological exchange between professionals from different areas involved in the production of health technologies.
Professionals graduated in the health and related fields.
Areas of Concentration
The objective of the concentration area is the management, development, application and evaluation of health technology processes, services and products. This area intends to test clinical applications of health technologies; develop alternatives for solving problems that cause organic dysfunctions; study the biological, biomechanical and psychological repercussions of technologies applied to health; promote improvement and validation of methodologies and evaluative and therapeutic instruments for health technologies, as well as encourage innovation in the area of health technologies.
- Line 1: Development of Health Technologies
Area: Health Technologies
This line aims to study the development and improvement of health products, processes and technologies. Aims at the creation and application of tests for new models of clinical and experimental assessment, such as studies on diagnostic tests and/or validation of instruments for diagnosis and treatment, for processes, products and services.
- Line 2: Health Technology Assessment
Area: Health Technologies
This line aims to test the performance of technological processes, services and products in the healthcare area and assess the clinical and social repercussions of their use.