Almost 6 families in the Pau da Lima Sanitary District are served by the Vida Plena Community Complex (CCVP), a teaching-care unit created and maintained by the Hólon Society, in partnership with the Bahiana.
Its working matrix emphasizes daily care and teaching, interdisciplinarity in professional actions, multidimensionality of problems (through the paradigm of complexity) and intersectoriality of actions.
• Outpatient medical care in the areas of internal medicine, gynecology and pediatrics
• Nursing care
• Psychology service
• Nutrition care
• Social service assistance
• Dental care
• Home visit through the Family Care Center by an interdisciplinary team
• Guidance and practice of dressing at home
• Physical therapy care at home
• Prevention of gynecological cancer
• Electrocardiogram exam
• Exam of the little foot test
• Dispensing of medications
• Group activities: teenagers, seniors and family of patients with mental disorders
• Educational and promotional actions in schools and neighborhood day care centers
• Blood pressure monitoring actions
• Reception of spontaneous demand through the Welcoming Management
• Actions to raise awareness of the culture of peace
• Community meetings
• Health and Citizenship Mutirão
• Full Life Agents Project
• Benefit Bazaar
The success of the initiative can be evaluated by the continuous expansion of the number of undergraduate students who started to intern through the Bahiana and the creation of residency programs. Currently, Multiprofessional Residencies in Individual and Family Clinics are offered, implemented in partnership with the Bahiana, through scholarships financed by the Health Department of the State of Bahia. All teaching activities are supervised by professors from different categories, such as: medicine, nursing, dentistry, physiotherapy, psychology, nutrition and social assistance.
The CCVP also maintains an agreement with the Municipal Health Department, with the aim of establishing technical cooperation, without any financial link between the parties.
Created on March 13, 1999, Sociedade Hólon is a non-profit entity of municipal, state and federal public utility. It promotes the integration of being, knowledge and living in a biopsychosocial-spiritual evolutionary perspective. As part of the improvement experience of its members, it develops educational, scientific and assistance activities.
Address: Dr Street Arthur Gonzalez, nº 186 - Pau da Lima
Phone: 71 3213-7836